10.17.2011

Moments

October 17, 2011

My life has been very busy lately.
In a good way. 
It's been FULL!

Full of wonderful moments that I want to breathe in and etch into my forgetful mind for always.

Full of moments when I want to pull my kids into my lap and snuggle with them before they grow so big that they have to pull me into their laps instead.

Moments that I do not want to take for granted.

Moments that are full of love.
Both going out and coming in.

Moments that I am so excited to be a part of.

Full of grace. 
Oh beautiful Grace!

Full of thankfulness.

Full of inspiration.
Inspiration that is born from desperation.

Full of hope, rising from ashes.

Full of prayers for mercy.

And.
There are moments where I am at a loss. 
A loss for words and a human inability to change painful reality.

Moments where I lose my patience.

There are moments when I need others.
And moments when others need me.

Our lives are full of moments.
We must make sure to live each moment in it's absolute fullness.
Our moments are numbered.
Let's not waste them.

I am trying so hard to keep the little things in perspective.
Spilled milk, is well, just spilled milk.

I'm not going to remember if I arrived 5 minutes late because I was following someone who was driving 15 miles below the speed limit.
But, my kids will remember if Mom was angry and intolerant.

I won't remember every little mess and mistake that my kids make.
But, my kids will remember if Mom was quick to forgive and gentle in her voice.

I won't remember going out of my way to smile at someone, or to say something nice.
But, maybe, my kindness made a difference in that person's life.

I struggle to speak lovingly to my kids ALL the time. 
I often allow my frustrations to be on display with them.
I don't consider how they interpret it.
It would destroy me if I thought that they were personalizing my shortcomings.
So, I need to make sure to be a little more careful.
A little kinder.
And keep every moment in perspective.

"Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord." Ephesians 6:4

"For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another." Galatians 5:13

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you." Ephesians 4:32







No comments: