10.12.2013

31 Days {day 12}

October 12, 2013

a typical day in the life of me {currently}


I normally sleep until about 7:30am. 
I will get up and make a pot of coffee if Freddie has not already done so.
I will usually go through my emails & scroll through my Facebook feed.
Then I sit down to a beautiful {LARGE} cup of coffee and Freddie & I have our special morning time together- hopefully uninterrupted time for adult conversation and catch-up. 
This is probably my most favorite part of the day. Well, close at least.
Freddie will head off to work and I will spend some time reading my Bible.
Then the kids will start waking up about 8:30am or shortly thereafter. 
It depends on how selfish generous I'm feeling that day.
Then it's go time.
I will spend the next several minutes getting the kids into the kitchen trying to convince them to eat breakfast.
 I will sneak in my morning phone time with my BFFFL while I get my first {of many} load of laundry going and work on the rest of the housework.
It's chore/personal hygiene time until about 10:00am-10:30am and then we start school.
Karli and Drake head to their rooms and I get Brant & Aubree started on schoolwork, 
taking turns working independently and then one on one with me. 
From time to time I pop in on Karli & Drake to help them as needed.
We try to break for lunch around 12:30pm.
After lunch, it's back to the grind where we try to make sure to finish all schoolwork, housework, and supper by about 3:00pm.
Then we get the kids a quick snack and whoever needs to gets changed into whatever practice attire is required, depending on the day of the week.
I'm usually out the door for about 3:45pm 
headed an hour away to get Drake to football practice and 
I have to rely on someone else to get the other kids to their practices, 
which is closer to home. 
Usually Freddie does this, but I do have to rely on outside help sometimes, too.
We get home from football practice between 9:00pm-9:30pm usually. 
We grab some supper, bathe and fall into bed to do it all over again the next day.
Not every day is the same. 
Wednesdays Drake does not have practice. 
His games are usually either Friday or Saturday nights and we have driven as far as 4+ hours to get a game.
 Brant's football games are on Saturday afternoon. 
Karli also has dancing on Saturday mornings and Sunday after noons after church. 
Things will calm down quite a bit after football season is over, 
although we will still have dance classes 5 days a week.
My guess is that I will miss all this busyness. 
Even though I exist in a state of exhaustion most days, I love it! 
There is nothing else I would rather be doing.
 I love my life and everything that fills it. 
So, if you are a part of my life, {even just a tiny part} know that you are here deliberately and I thank you for being a part of making it awesome!

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20

No comments: