7.04.2012

How do you SERVE?

July 4, 2012

Late last fall, I began to feel a stirring in my heart. 
I tried to ignore it. 
But, God pursued me.
I knew that I was going to be entering a new season in my life.
SERVICE.
It was to become the theme of a new year.

I obeyed.
I made the commitment.
I watched for opportunity and listened carefully for the call.
I steeled myself to be stretched.
And then, I realized that there was something much more that I was meant to do.
I am His servant.

Yes. God wanted to use me to be His hands and feet.
And it is an honor.
But, I am also being shown that SERVICE to God also includes many other things besides volunteering my time or talents, 
or praying for others, 
or to sit by a hospital bed.

I have been called to SERVE my Father through trust.
Going blindly wherever He leads me, even when that means doing it afraid.
It means believing Him when He tells me that I am precious.
It means accepting that He loves me as if I were His one and only creation.
It means being trustworthy to conduct myself with integrity and love, 
standing firm in my worth as His child.

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many." Mark 10:45

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Romans 12:1-2


No comments: