6.01.2011

Let's Eat: Week 11

June 1, 2011

Watching My Weight Wednesday

Yes, it seems like forever since the last edition of "Watching My Weight Wednesday", but, I have still been dieting! I've got 2 pounds until I reach my goal weight, but, I think I want to lose a few more pounds beyond that. We'll see. The main struggle has been to not get bored with the same old same old. I tell ya, sometimes I could walk into the grocery store and just tear open a box of Fruit Loops and just destroy it like I haven't eaten in weeks! The trick is to satisfy myself with something that does as little damage as possible. Lately, I've been rationing carbs so that I can indulge in my newest indulgence....
I haven't always liked grapefruit, but, I guess something happens to your taste buds as they get older. I could eat these every single day! But, each medium sized grapefruit has about 20 grams of carbs. So. One must be careful! Especially when she's keeping her intake below 50 total carbs per day!

How do I ration my carbs? Well, I've told you before about this little beauty...

I really liked it before, but, now I am having a Super Secret Love Affair with it! {Okay, maybe not so super secret.} If you cut off a hunk into "sticks" and melt them in the microwave they taste just like Fried Cheese Sticks only without the {carbs} crust! They are so Super Duper Yummy that I can't even contain my happiness! My kids always swarm in like flies when they hear the microwave beep! It's so good!

I hope you'll try some. You WILL love it! Until next week...

"You say, 'Food is for the stomach, and the stomach is for food.' This is true, though someday God will do away with both of them."1Corinthians 6:13

"Those who think it is all right to eat anything must not look down on those who won't. And those who won't eat certain foods must not condemn those who do, for God has accepted them." Romans 14:3

No comments: