1.03.2013

Have a Little Faith

January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!

I have definitely been scarce here, but, my blog and my readers have certainly been on my mind. 
I've immersed myself in the holidays and all that entails. 
But now, my CHRISTmas tree 
and all 357 balls 
(yes, I counted each one as I took them off to put them away)
are down, the decorations are packed away 
into pretty, red, plastic bins until November. 
I am working on readying my little ones to get back into our regular routine of school. 

CHRISTmas was wonderful.
We were able to celebrate with dear family and friends!
It was a lot of work, but so worth it. 
By the time next CHRISTmas gets here, 
I will be ready to do it all over again.

For the past few years, I have had a tradition of Naming the Year
instead of naming Resolutions that I probably won't keep.
Last year was my year of Service and the year before was my year of Growth.
I choose one word that has been placed upon my heart 
as an area of my life to intentionally focus on.
This year, I have chosen to be my year of Faith.

faith- (noun)  a strong or unshakable belief in something, especially without proof or evidence



This is one area where I am being stretched.
Don't get me wrong, 
I am not saying that I am having doubts about my belief in God.
What I mean, is that as we walk through life, 
we all face things that have a tendency to shake us up.
Things that test our resolve and our confidence.
When that happens, we have to set aside our selves and have faith in God-
We have to believe in our core that, 
no matter how unnatural, or scary, or hopeless the situation may feel, 
He has our best interest at heart and 
His plan is to prosper us, to give us a future and a hope! 
This year, I will purpose to set my point of view from a Faith-based stance 
as opposed to a world-based stance.

If you were to "Name the Year", what would you choose for 2013?
Would you accept my challenge to name your year instead of naming resolutions?
I hope you'll leave a comment telling me what you're naming 2013!

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11

"And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him." Hebrews 11:6

"Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls." 1Peter 1:8-9

"Count it all joy, my brothers  when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." James 1:2-4

No comments: