6.05.2013

{routine}

June 5, 2013

Here we are.
A few weeks into our summer break.
Still struggling to find a comfortable fit.
Rearranging time.
Trying to nestle into the days.
Searching for the balance between
responsibility & recreation.
Learning to bathe in freedom
without drowning in laziness.

I love these days.
The ones where we don't have the
pressures of school work.
The ones where we can answer the call
of the pool, or play dates.
{It feels weird to still call them play dates.
My kids would certainly protest to that.}

But I still need the order of routine.
My kids thrive in it.
They depend on it-
whether they know it or not.
It's where life feels familiar.
And happy.
With just enough assortment
to stave off boredom.

Summer.
Aside from the heat similar to the fires of hell
I love you.
I will give myself to you in sweet abandon.
Okay. I'll have a list.
You can't mess with tradition, can you?
But, for the most part, it's abandon.
As long as the chores get done still.
But right after the chores are done, complete, total abandon.

SUMMER BUCKET LIST 2013

  • Karli & Aubree's dance revue
  • fly to Dallas 
  • get a smoking hot tan
  • satisfy my snow ball craving
  • family VACATION
  • lose at least 5 pounds
  • do something I've never done before
  • mini-vacation to my parents' {second} house 
  • squeeze in as many play dates as possible
  • get some school work done with Aubree 
  • have as much fun as possible
  • purpose to show more of Jesus & less of me


"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven." Matthew 5:14-16


No comments: