11.21.2012

Why I Hate Cats

November 21, 2012

He's going to be fine!
He does not have cancer.
The diagnosis is  toxoplasma lymphadenitis.
Basically, (in the words of the Waterboy's mother) it means that cats are the devil.

Relief does not begin to describe how I feel.
My faith was strong, and it still is.
I knew that my God could;
I just didn't know if he would.

I realize now, more than ever, that we are not in control.
We can go through the motions.
We can do everything right.
But, our lives sit in the palm of His hand.

I don't think it's an accident that this happened during this season of Thanksgiving.
I feel like I do a pretty good job of being ever mindful of all that I am blessed with.
I know just how much I have been given.
And my head knows that it can be snatched away in an instant.
But, my heart was faced with that realization these past few weeks.

You cannot go through an experience like this and not be changed somehow. 
Your perspective becomes just a little bit more clear.
It's like getting a new pair of eye glasses; 
You can see what was there all along, but now in bright vivid colors and crisp lines.

LIFE IS SHORT.
The older I get, the more I realize the truth in those words.
It's worth making the effort to squeeze out every drop we can from the time we do have.
It's best not to waste even one moment.

GOD IS GOOD.
Things could have had a different outcome.
We could have had to walk down a very difficult road.
But, He chose otherwise.

GOD IS STILL IN THE MIRACLE BUSINESS.
I believe beyond a doubt, after reading both pathology reports, that my son has been healed.
Period. 

IT'S NOT ALWAYS EASY TO FOLLOW GOD AND LIVE ACCORDING TO HIS WORD,
BUT THE ALTERNATIVE IS ALWAYS HARDER.

"Now it is evident that no one is justified before God by the law, for 'The righteous shall live by faith.'" Galatians 3:11

"but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him. But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls." Hebrews 10:38-39

"But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled." 1Peter 3:14






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! =D What a relief. I hope that you are all resting easy in His peace this Thanksgiving week.

Cats are icky. ;)