7.03.2013

{i'm gonna miss this}

July 3, 2013

June has already quietly slipped away.
It was full.
And fast.
And good.

And here I am.
Staring July in the face.
Willing time to slow.
Just a bit.

I've got grand plans for July.
I want to soak her in.
Every moment.
I want to accomplish all the things that school eats up
throughout the year.
And I want my kids to remember the days of summer
with fondness and nostalgia.
I want to be present in the memories of these precious, sacred days.

I want to be renewed.
I want to be filled up with so much of God
that there is little room for anything else.
I want a Christ-filled life to become so ingrained into my soul
that it's a habit more than a choice.
I am purposing to live out my life trusting God's plan.
Often times it's easier to trust
that God will bless you with the desire's of your heart
but not so easy to actually trust
that God's plan may not look at all like your plan does.
We're working on that in this season of opportunity & uncertainty.

My kids are growing up before my eyes.
They are becoming evident of life beyond Mom & Dad.
They are starting to think of life as their own-
apart from everyone else.
It's happening so quickly that
I can hardly believe it.
Lord knows how many more summers
they will actually want to spend
hanging out with me.
I've got a lot to accomplish in this short time.
I need to balance work with fun.
Pools are begging for swimmers.
Closets need to get cleaned.
Tans need to be darkened.
School needs to be planned.
I want to eat dinner outside after an afternoon spent playing.
My hope is to seize every opportunity to be spontaneous.
So bring on the snow cones!
The blue-er the better.

"The Lord of hosts has sworn: As I have planned, so shall it be, and as I have purposed, so shall it stand," Isaiah 14:24

No comments: