12.13.2010

CHRISTmas Spirit!

December 13, 2010

Ahh. Here I am, at home, ALL of my kids are here, most of them are still sleeping. I've got my coffee and I'm sitting at my computer. This is nice. It's funny how we take the familiar for granted some times. We can even curse it from time to time. But, I've longed for the day-in and day-out routine of my life for the past week. It is wonderful to have my family under ONE roof at night when we go to bed. Nothing beats it.

Freddie and I are so grateful for everyone who kept us in their prayers. It means so much to us to know that our family is cared about by so many. I was filled with assurance that God had Brant in His arms the whole time and that he was perfectly taken care of. I was not afraid for my son. I felt badly for his pain, but I knew that everything would be just fine!

This ordeal has given my other children a chance to show what they're made of . They are extra-ordinary kids! Karli has such a good head on her shoulders. She is going to be the most AMAZING mother one day! I have even seen Drake step it up and prove how he's growing up. I am so proud of them!

We are still recovering. There will be clinic visits for a while. But, we can handle this. It is surprising what a family can accomplish when they all work together. I have decided to take off from school until after the holidays. I am taking full advantage of the blessings of Home Schooling my kids. I see no benefit in stressing us out at such a special time of year.

I hope that you, too, can sort through your lives and eliminate those things that are unimportant or unnecessary. I hope that you can find the REAL spirit of this season. It's certainly not about checking names off of a seemingly never-ending shopping list, or hosting the most fabulous holiday party. It's not about the perfect outfit or family photos. It's about stepping back from the hustle and bustle of the "world" and remembering that long ride on the back of a donkey. It's about the wonder and awe of the Promise for a Savior. It's about how much our Father loves us and longs for us to live with Him eternally in heaven. It's about the sacrifices made that we rarely ponder. It's about Grace~ because none of us deserve Jesus. I encourage you to share with your families the events that happened over 2000 years ago that changed our destiny. Start your own tradition at your CHRISTmas gathering this year. We have all the kids in the family read from the bible the true CHRISTmas story! It is a blessing to everyone who hears it.

"And while they were there, the time came for her baby to be born. She gave birth to her first child, a son. She wrapped him snugly in strips of cloth and laid him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the village inn. That night some shepherds were in the fields outside the village, guarding their flocks of sheep. Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the radiance of the Lord's glory surrounded them. They were terribly frightened, but the angel reassured them. "Don't be afraid!" he said. "I bring you good news of great joy for everyone! The Savior- yes, the Messiah, the Lord- has been born tonight in Bethlehem, the city of David! And this is how you will recognize him: You will find a baby lying in a manger, wrapped snugly in strips of cloth!" Suddenly, the angel was joined by a vast host of others- the armies of heaven- praising God: "Glory to God in the highest heaven, and peace on earth to all who God favors." Luke 2:6-14

No comments: