10.02.2011

The Door's Unlocked... Come On In!

October 2, 2011

Seasons are changing.
Fall is seeping under doors and through opened windows.
I love fall.
I welcome the energy she brings with her.
Full of Hope. 
Leaking Promise. 
Offering a fresh perspective on Life.
But. 
Something is different. 
Missing, almost. 

I'm busier than I ever remember being before. My calendar is riddled with appointments and schedules. I feel like I'm being robbed of the opportunity to breathe in the joy of just living. Even though I've said "yes" to things that I want to do and are important to me. 

My life is being rocked. Hard. My eyes are opened to so much struggle around me. There are several people that I know who are fighting like mad for their very lives and the lives of those they love dearly. Hitting close enough to home to leave my heart tender and raw. 

The devil is working overtime to attack me. Using my most precious relationships to break me. But you know what?  I am taking a stand against him. I've read the end of the book and I know Who wins! 

So. 
Today I make a decision.
I'm choosing to spend time with an old friend.
To enjoy her company.
Welcome Fall!
How I've missed you.
Come on in. 
Let's sit a while and share a cup of coffee
Let's take the kids outside for lunch.
Let's recognize the Joy found in the things that keep me so busy right now.
Let's take a walk. Slowly.
Let's pray together often enough that the devil gets sick of hearing it!
Let's find energy in the earth and the beauty of God's creation.
Let's not forget that God is still God, no matter how hard life tries to make me forget it.
Let's work on fewer commitments and more adventures.
Let's remember to smile.
And breathe.
And Love.



"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it." 1Corinthians 10:13


"I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart, I have overcome the world." John 16:33


"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." Psalm 27:14

No comments: