3.05.2012

Lift Me Up

March 5, 2012

There are going to be times when we are disappointed.
Times when people will let us down.
Our expectations will go unmet.
Again.

I was struggling with this very thing. 
I felt like throwing in the proverbial towel.
Quitting.
I was angry.
I was hurt. 
I felt like a fool.
I wanted to retreat into the safety of my little shell.
Keeping everyone out with the exception of a handful of people. 

I knew that I wasn't responding in a very Christ like manner.
But it was so hard!
I was discouraged and was overcome with despair.
I forced myself to open my Bible and search. 
I was secretly hoping to find an out
I was looking for a hidden escape clause.
Suffice it to say, there is no such animal.
But, I did find enough to get me through the night. 

Then what?
Well, morning came.
The struggle returned.
And I whispered a plea to my Father.
"Come for me. I need You to come for me again."
And He did.
He told me not to forget "How He Loves".
He reminded me that He "Forever Reigns".
He challenged me to "Only Imagine" what it will be like in Glory.
And I felt inspired. 

I felt cared for.
I remembered that He wants me.
I knew He was going to help me through the pain.
I was not alone.


But He didn't stop there. 
He doesn't do anything just a little bit.
He filled my cup to overflowing.
In grand fashion, He also gave me this:

"Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh. For it is commendable if someone bears up under the pain of unjust suffering because they are conscious of God. But how is it to your credit if you receive a beating for doing wrong and endure it? But if you suffer for doing good and you endure it, this is commendable before God. To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps." 1Peter 2:18-21

He honored the desire of my heart.
Though it would have been easier to give in to my self, 
I still wanted to follow Christ.
When we honestly and purposely seek after God, 
He will not let the call go unanswered.
He will come for us time after time.
He is faithful to lift us up!

No comments: