3.27.2012

Maintenance Minder

March 27, 2012

My phone rings not long after Freddie leaves for work.
I knew without looking that it was him by the ring tone.
I rush to answer it because the opportunities to talk to him during the day are few and far between.

Me: Hello
Him: Hey. I ran out of gas. I got distracted on the phone and passed up the gas station. There's a gas can on the utility trailer.
Me: I'll come and bring it to you. Do I need to fill it with gas?
Him: No. There's enough gas in there for me to make it to the gas station. Please hurry. I'm going to be late for an appointment.

Now. I am the official Gas Light Queen. I have earned that title fair and square! Very often, when you get in my van the gas light is ON! But, I cannot tell you the last time I ran out of gas. It probably only has happened once. And that was back in the day way before cars had gas lights.



Empty.
No fuel.
Stuck on the side of the road.
Until Help comes.

How's your spiritual tank?
Have you remembered to fuel up?

I cannot tell you how many times in my life I have let myself become distracted with life and passed up the gas station church. I didn't realize how low my tank was; how much I needed the Fuel of fellowship and worship! I neglected to carry a gas can Reserve {the Word of God}. There were so many good excuses. I fooled myself into believing that there were enough fumes to get me far enough {wherever that may have been}.

I am more careful now not to let my tank run dry. I have been left stranded on the side of the road waiting for rescue for the last time. That's not a place I want to be anymore. I love the feeling of having my "cup runneth over".



Life is far easier when we remember to take care of the vehicle. It's important to keep all the maintenance up to date. We can't pile up the inside with junk. Even the smallest details like what we play on the radio should be carefully considered. It all makes a difference.

What maintenance have you been neglecting? Make an appointment today to take your car in to the Shop and get her tuned-up, ready for the road.



"not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:25


"that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. And these things we write to you that your joy may be full." 1John 1:3-4

No comments: