8.02.2011

900 Seconds

August 2, 2011

Ah. It's official. My baby girl has done grown into a woman. Okay. Not really. Thank God! She's only three! But, she has declared that she is NOT a baby, she is a Big Girl now! Yesterday she had her very first day of school. I was originally going to wait one more year before attempting Preschool, but, this kid had other plans. She is so far ahead of the curve that it would be an injustice to her not to start Pre-K now. She already knows all of her colors, shapes, numbers, letters, letter sounds, and she's begun teaching herself how to read and spell three letter words. Um. Yeah. Amazing.


She was so excited for the big day to finally get here. The night before, she actually slept with her color box. The one you see in the picture. She's been carrying it around and admiring her very own colors and markers every day since I bought them. She thought "Monday" would never come! But it did. And she loved every second! All 900 of them. Okay, she's only three. You can't ask for much more than 15 minutes of her undivided attention. This momma's gonna have to be quick if I want to get the job done. I'm also going to have to get creative, because she's probably going to get tired of coloring pretty soon. No worries. I've got it in the bag.

The other day I was thinking about how much learning time about Christ that I've missed out on because I didn't apply myself sooner. The more I learn about my Christian walk the more I realize how little I know, and how much more I want to know! Like Aubree, I am so eager to learn now. I want to sleep with my "color box" every night in anticipation for what I'm going to learn tomorrow. And I'm never disappointed- even if it's only 900 seconds at a time!


"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work." 2Timothy 3:16-17


"But he answered, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'" Matthew 4:4

No comments: