8.09.2011

Let's Get Wet!

August 9, 2011


Let's talk about this picture. You might look at it and see a little girl, a very adorable little girl, playing in water having a really fun time. She is just loving the way the cool water feels all over her body on such a hot summer day. I love how she's trying to grab and hold on to the water with her hands. She does not have a single care in the world, except for that water! Look at her face. Could she be any happier right at that moment? It's obvious that she's totally living in that place in time where everything else has disappeared. It's just her and that water spout. If you see all those things in this picture your observations are correct. But, I also see something more....

I see me. I am that little girl. Adorable in God's sight. Trying to soak myself to the bone in the relief of His graces and mercies in the heat of life with both hands! Oblivious to everything around me. As the spout of Water ebbs and flows, I anticipate what's coming next. I know that It will go down and shoot back up. I will wait for It. Expect It. Count on It. I will reach for It. Knowing It's there. Embrace It. Enjoy It. And I will encourage my friends to join me in finding Relief, too. I will share It with them because I know how wonderful and comforting It is!

Wanna get wet?

"With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation." Isaiah 12:3


"Jesus said to her, 'Everyone who drinks of this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.'" John 4"13-14


"Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!" Psalm 31:24


No comments: