12.01.2012

Battles

December 1, 2012

I look around me and I see so many people in a battle.
Some are struggling through divorce.
Others are in financial chains.
Many are in a fight for their very lives.
The fact is, at some time or another, 
we will all go through difficult seasons.

A few years ago,
 I was having a conversation with "a friend
who was being beaten up,
 it seemed,
 every where she turned.
As soon as she thought it could not get any worse, 
Life sucker punched her in the throat, again!
She cried out to me, saying, 
"I know God won't give me more than I can handle
but I don't know how much more I can take."
I have heard so many people say that in my lifetime.
At some point, I may have said it, too.
Even believed it maybe.
But, my perspective is different today.


I'm not sure that God won't give us more than we can handle.
I think that He will allow things to go so far until we have 
no other choice but to rely upon Him.
For everything.
To turn our whole lives over to Him in complete surrender.
And then, He will rescue us.


So, if you find yourself in one of life's battles, 
And it feels as though you cannot hang on much longer- don't.
Fall into the arms of Jesus!



"In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith- more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire- may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ." 1Peter 1:6-7 

"Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." Romans 5:3-5

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." James 1:2-4

"Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved." Psalm 55:22






No comments: