5.02.2011

The Good Ole Days

May 2, 2011

I'm sitting here this morning, feeling very grateful. There are so many things that I don't have, that I wish I did have. But, the things I do have are far more important than anything I'm lacking. I learned firsthand a few years ago just how little in terms of material things that one person really NEEDS. God is always so faithful and graceful. He has provided abundantly for my family.

How much of our time is spent chasing rainbows? I'm guilty of looking past the present to the newest desire of my heart. The "smoking hot shoes", or "cool sunglasses", or "Power Wheels" for my baby 'cause every girl  needs a motorized ride at three!

I am being convicted to still myself in prayer. I'm missing a greater, deeper connection that can only be found there. I'm also being led to see the present for what it is- a gift! It's not something I have to get through to get to the next great thing. It's what I am going to miss in a few, short years when my kids set out on their own journeys. I don't want to miss one second of what I have now! I want to be sure that my "nows" are not filled with only "clean your rooms" and "take your bath" and "did you brush your teeth?" I want my kids to know how much I love them. I want them to feel my adoration and respect. I want their childhoods to be a magical gift of learning and discovery, time and love. I don't want to forget that these are "The Good Ole Days".













































"And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord." Ephesians 6:4


"These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children, to live wisely and be pure, to take care of their homes, to do good, and to be submissive to their husbands. Then they will not bring shame on the word of God." Titus 2:4-5


"Fathers, don't aggravate your children. If you do, they will become discouraged and quit trying." Colossians 3:21


"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him." Psalm 127:3

No comments: