5.16.2011

Life is a Highway

May 16, 2011

You know how you can drive the same route, day after day, for years even, and not be able to take in all the little details along the way? You have to concentrate on the road, the traffic, the cars in front of and behind you and the daily scene becomes an insignificant backdrop; something comfortable and unceremonious.

Then one day, you become a passenger on the same familiar route. Suddenly, you see things that you've missed all this time. Hidden beauties scattered along the way weaved in and out of the landscape, now, new and exciting.

Sometimes our lives are just like that. Sometimes, we're so busy with the day to day order of business busyness that the little things are lost on us. And then, sometimes, there are the nows that allow us to become the passenger. Right now, today, that's me. I'm the passenger. My prayer for today is that I soak in the beauty of life that I often miss. I want to appreciate the little things and relish in the gift of peace from Heaven that I've been given. I don't know how long it will last, because my kids will be awake soon, so, I must be careful not to waste it.

"So I tell you, don't worry about everyday life- whether you have enough food, drink, and clothes. Doesn't life consist of more than food and clothing? Look at the birds. They don't need to plant or harvest or put food in barns because your heavenly Father feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than they are. Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? Of course not." Matthew 6:25-27

1 comment:

Beth in NC said...

I love this post. So true! It is amazing how our perspective can change everything.

I am your newest follower. It is great to meet another Sister in Christ. I pray you'll come see me and follow as well. Bless you!

Beth