6.06.2011

I Love the way HE Holds Me!

June 6, 2011

I love my church! I look forward to going every week. It's fulfilling and uplifting. It's inspiring and enlightening. But, yesterday, something happened before church. The details are not important. But, nonetheless, I was a broken girl. I was so overtaken that I was physically affected and it took all that I had in me to physically get dressed and ready for church.

When we drove up, I seriously considered having my husband drop me off at the door because I wasn't sure I could make the long walk from the car to the church. But, I mustered all that was in me. I put one foot in front of the other and I walked. By the time we checked the kids into their classes and made it to our "regular" spot there was not much left in me. Normally, when the worship begins I am in it, heart and soul! But. Yesterday. I was just "there". Standing. Waiting. And then, a prayer left my lips. "Lord, I need You to come for me." And He did!

We are to give our all to Him. We are to seek Him first. But, when there are those times that the world has sucked the fire from our hearts, when we can't muster up what it takes to go to Him, we just need to ask Him to come for us! I know that He doesn't expect me to always go all the way. He loves me enough to meet me where I am. I just need to go as far as I can go on my own then ask Him to come for me there.

"Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved." Psalm 55:22


"He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young." Isaiah 40:11


"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep. I think we've all been there. Worship is all about sacrifice and not about feelings. There have been many times that I've been irritated or had a bad attitude or was just tired. But, then I realize that worship is not about me, it's about Him. It's what He desires from me, not only in singing, but in life.

Great post!