6.22.2011

In The Balance

June 22, 2011

The rain has come. It's long overdue. Although I don't like when the world is messy and wet, I can deal with the showers for a short time. You can almost hear the earth singing songs of praise and gratitude. You can almost see her face looking heavenward, smiling with her eyes closed and arms wide open.

I try to see this as a gift. A time for quiet reflection. Time to simply wait and be still. An exercise in finding the tranquility in the storm. Looking for the beauty in the dreariness of overcast skies. Relief from the scorching heat of the sun. Permission to be unproductive. Opportunity to sit with God. To listen for His voice. To ignore the bustle of the world and tune in to the Father.

Soon enough, it will be more than I can physically stand. I will have to move. Do. Entertain. Create. Live.

But, for now, I will rest in the rain and soak up the idleness. Listen carefully for Guidance and Insight. I will bathe in boredom. Be thankful for Grace and Mercy. Tire from doing nothing. Recharge in the respite from the swelter. I will hover in the balance of life.

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14


"From there you will search for the Lord your God. And if you search for him with all your heart and soul, you will find him." Deuteronomy 4:29


"If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me." Jeremiah 29:13


"O God, do not keep silent; be not quiet, O God, be not still." Psalm 83:1


"Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near; let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon." Isaiah 55:6-7

1 comment:

Tina Hollenbeck said...

That is a very good attitude! I am struggling because our entire spring was really filled with rainy days and clouds - and now summer has begun the same way. We've had a few sunny days, but it's been really gloomy here - and not close to seasonal in terms of temps. I'm ready for a change! :^)