6.17.2011

A Year in Review

June 17, 2011

Wow. One year. I can hardly believe that it's been a whole year that I've been blogging. What an experience. I started this blog without any expectations. I began writing with the intention of gathering my thoughts in one place for my children. This whole parenting thing is way harder than I had ever imagined it would be. It's so complicated and heartbreaking and simple and heartwarming all at the same time! I constantly second guess myself. I wonder how my actions will impact my children on even a cellular level! My thought a year ago was "if they know that my intentions are truly for their benefit, maybe they won't hate me so much". That's how this blog got it start. And it has turned out to be something way more than just a book for my kids from their mother's heart.

I have discovered that I am not alone. There may or may not be one or two of you who have had some of the same thoughts, fears, trials, and triumphs that I have had. God has used me over this past year to encourage some of you at just the right time with my thoughts and insights, though I use that word lightly. I'm not sure how insightful I am. I'm just a girl who loves her God and wants to do right by Him.

This blog has kept me accountable to myself. I am not perfect. Hard to believe. I know. It's a secret I've kept hidden well. {That's a joke.} Things tend to get crazy in my head from time to time and it's really been helpful to get all those thoughts out there where they can be organized into something that looks like it could make sense.

I've also discovered that this is an outlet to share my kids' accomplishments. I am so proud of my kids! If you could know them like I know them you'd think that they were the most amazing things that God has ever created. You really would. I love their intricacies. I love how they've each got so many facets to their personalities. It truly is an honor to have a front row seat to their lives.

I am very grateful for each and every person who stops by every day to read my blog. And an extra special thank you to those who take the time to comment from time to time. You will never know how encouraging it is to know that you've enjoyed something I've written. It makes my heart smile.

I've grown a lot this past year. And I've loved sharing it with you. I hope you'll stick around and see where this year will bring my little family. I just know that God has got some wonderful things in store for us! I've loved opening my Bible every day to seek God's instruction, His encouragement, and His promises. I hope you've been blessed from time to time at what I've found. And I look forward to sharing our lives as we walk in God's grace.

And finally- my latest accomplishment:

LilySlim Weight loss tickers


"No, O people, the Lord has already told you what is good, and this is what he requires: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

No comments: