9.12.2011

Living a Life of jOy

September 12, 2011

I've been trying to teach my kids to live a JOYful life- Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last. It can be a very difficult thing to accomplish. I've been thinking about how I apply this principle to my own life. If I'm being honest, I'm not doing as well as I'd like to be. Sure, there are many times when I "take one for the team" as they say, but I believe that I should be doing more.

I am making a commitment to take a month to pray for Others. I am just the teeniest bit frightened by my commitment. It's big. But, I'm going to give it my all. So, here's my plan....
I am going to focus on something BIG for someone different every week for four weeks. For example, I will pray for someone who is very ill or in a very difficult place in their life. Additionally, I am going to focus on one different person each day. So, one day I might lift my husband up in prayer. Another day I may pray in earnest for my mother. I will pray for my best friend on yet another.

I will also encourage my family to get involved. I will post the name of the "Person of the Week" and the "Person of the Day" on the refrigerator so that my husband and kids can also pray for them with me. As Christ followers, we are to go out and be the hands and feet of Jesus. It's time I get off my rear and do that. This is a small step, but I am so excited to see what happens!

"Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by ceasing to pray for you, and I will instruct you in the good and the right way." 1Samuel 12:23


"Never stop praying." 1Thessalonians 5:17


"And he said to them, 'The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.'" Luke 10:2


"Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving." Colossians 4:2

No comments: