6.28.2010

A Future and A Hope

June 28, 2010

"For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

If you have known me for a while, you probably know that this is my favorite Bible verse. Throughout my life I have endured many different challenges and trials. But, this verse always offers me comfort, peace, promise, and hope.

So what does this mean exactly?
"For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord." No matter what you are facing in your life you can rest assured that God saw it coming. It is not a surprise to Him. He is not caught off guard and does not need a "plan B" because He has allowed this into your life.

"They are plans for good and not for evil,..." This is God telling you that He loves you and He has a desire for all things good for you. He wants more for you, not less. He wants you to be in a better place, not worse off. He wants you to know that He is using this difficulty to help you, not to hurt you.

"...to give you a future and a hope." He does not want you to worry. He can see past this moment even though you cannot. Once you travel through this difficult part of the pathway of your life, you will end up in a place He desires for you. He does not wish for you to be destroyed and hurt by what you are facing. He wants you to be strengthened and for you to grow.

Whenever I am faced with something in my life that is scary and that I cannot see a way out, I always remember this verse and take comfort in knowing that God is the author of my life. He saw it coming, He allowed it to happen, He will see me safely through wherever He takes me. I just have to remember to trust Him and know that everything I must endure along the way is a lesson I need to learn in order to get to closer to Him. And closer to Him is always better than where you are now!


No comments: