11.29.2010

Shine

November 29, 2010

It has been a long weekend! I managed to get through Thanksgiving without stuffing myself like a turkey. I managed to get through "black friday" without getting injured by the mobs who were fighting for the season's "hottest" items that were marked half off! I managed to convince my husband to bring us to pick out a CHRISTmas tree and I got all 1800 lights put on it just so. I managed to shorten my CHRISTmas shopping list and get some gifts wrapped and placed under the tree.

I've still got so much to do. I cannot seem to wrap my mind around the fact that our "regular" life is supposed to resume today. I am not prepared for school. I have items that really need to get returned to the stores so that I can get the money put back into my account. My bedroom is overflowing with gifts waiting to be wrapped! I need to get the laundry going so I won't fall behind, because we all know how much harder laundry becomes when you are "catching up". I need to figure out what's for supper. We've got ballet class tonight. I've got little projects here and there that are on my "to do" list in the CHRISTmas decorating department. And let's not forget that I am trying to keep up with my blog.

So, here's the thing. If I want to get all of these things done, without causing anyone bodily harm OR without my "group of little anyone's" attempting to cause me bodily harm there is something that I need to do first. Can you guess what it is? No silly, it's not taking that special little pill~ although that might help. Just kidding, sort of. I need to spend some time with my Father.

I love having "coffee time" with Freddie in the mornings. It's our time, hopefully without kids, to connect and just sit without distractions to talk and be with each other. I look forward to it and miss it when we don't get to do it because of work or whatever. It's therapeutic. Now, Freddie is a great guy, but he's not God. I can imagine if I set aside time every morning to be with Him how much more I would benefit from that special time. Not only do I need to spend time with my Father for me, but I need to do it for Him. I was reading a blog and the author wrote this: "You beam when I come into your presence". Wow! Think about that. God so wants to spend time with us and when we go to Him He beams with happiness! I want to make my God happy with me. I want Him to beam for me. I want our relationship to be a "two way street". I should not always be the one who is taking. I need to give to Him. After all, I could never out give what He's already given- Jesus! I want Him to be pleased with me. I want to see Him shine!

"As the deer pants for streams of water, so I long for you, O God. I thirst for God, the living God. When can I come and stand before him?" Psalm 42:1-2


"I wait quietly before God, for my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken." Psalm 62:1-2


"How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty. I long, yes, I faint with longing to enter the courts of the Lord. With my whole being, body and soul, I will shout joyfully to the living God." Psalm 84:1-2

No comments: