11.01.2010

The Strength in Faith

November 1, 2010

I was having a conversation with a friend of mine and we were talking about how we deal with difficulties in our lives. She said, "It's a good thing we are strong. We are able to handle things." To which I replied, "I am not strong. I have faith." She looked at me with a shocked look on her face, but very intrigued at the same time.

So what does it mean? Faith? When I told her that I have faith, I meant that I know that I know that I know that God has my best interest at heart. It means that I know that He loves me completely~ warts and all. It means that I trust Him to know what is best for me. It means that I ask of Him the impossible, because He can do all things! But, my faith also prepares me to be willing to accept the inevitable. It means that when God's answer to my prayer is "no", then I fall completely into His arms to carry me through the rough patches and that I know there will be something better waiting for me on the other side. It means that I not only accept Jesus as my Savior, but I revere him as Lord! (I'm going to pause here for a minute for you to re-read that last sentence.) My faith tells me that God is true to His word. My faith tells me to be obedient and God will take care of me. My faith tells me that I don't need to have all the answers, because my Father does. My faith allows me to rest without worry.

What does your faith say? Are you doing your best every day to walk in faith? Are you holding back and carrying the burden of life alone? Or have you submitted to God and are basking in the freedom of His love? It's not always easy to have faith. Life throws some pretty rotten scenarios at us from time to time. Our faith will be tested as an opportunity for us to grow. And, when we are in the trenches, we must remember that we are never alone. God is always there with us. We just need to believe that He wants the absolute best for us, whether or not we know what that "best" really is.

"So, you see, it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that there is a God and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him." Hebrews 11:6


"Consequently, it is clear that no one can ever be right with God by trying to keep the law. For the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life." Galatians 3:11


"And Jesus said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace." Luke 7:50


"But people are declared righteous because of their faith, not because of their work." Romans 4:5


"For when we place our faith in Christ Jesus, it makes no difference to God whether we are circumcised or not circumcised. What is important is faith expressing itself in love." Galatians 5:6


"When your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything." James 1:3-4

No comments: