11.03.2010

There's No Place Like Home

November 3, 2010

I'm sitting here, thinking about my life. I just can't help but to feel so incredibly blessed. Sure, there are some things that I would like to be just a little bit different. But, oh, there are SO many things that I wouldn't change for anything in the world. I am truly grateful for MY life~ just the way it is!

There is such a blessing in being content and at peace with your life. I have gotten to this place by the grace of God. I have gotten to this place by being willing to travel the path He has chosen for me. I have gotten to this place by always coming back to the Word of God. Yes, that means that there have been (many) times that I have strayed. But, I have never forgotten my way home.

My home is with God. My home is doing my best to live according to His teaching. My home is dwelling under his protection and promises. There's no place like home!

"The one thing I ask of the Lord- the thing I seek most- is to live int he house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in his Temple. For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock." Psalm 27:4-5


"A house is built by wisdom and becomes strong through good sense. Through knowledge its rooms are filled with all sorts of precious riches and valuables." Proverbs 24:3-4


"Anyone who listens to my teaching and obeys me is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse, because it is built on rock." Matthew 7:24-25

No comments: