1.04.2012

Surprise!

January 4, 2012

Surprise! I am back! Thought I died? Quit bloggin? Got eaten by BigFoot? Went missing in the CHRISTmas tree behind the 426 balls that I hung on there? Or, maybe you didn't notice I disappeared at all. That's okay, too.

But here I am. A new year. A new adventure awaits. I'd like to say that I have a {re}new{ed} energy and excitement for my blog. Truth is, I don't. I have missed blogging. But, I've also enjoyed the break. I do wish that there were not a gap, but only for the benefit of my children. After all, this is their blog. They are why Calverette Chronicles was created. A record of our lives. An insight into their mother and her heart as I did my best to raise them up in the ways of the Lord.

Quick catch up. I absolutely ENJOYED the holiday season! I inhaled every single minute of it! I did not wish one second away. It was wonderful! I survived shopping- the traffic, fellow shoppers, toiling over the decisions for just the perfect gift, the wrapping, the lines! I called an extended CHRISTmas vacation. I moved some school days around, added a couple days a week into June and July and, POOF, it went  from 2 weeks off to 3 weeks! {Next year I am just going to automatically give us at least 3 weeks off.} My baby turned FOUR years old. We had a swimming party for her at a local hotel with an indoor heated pool. She had so much fun! It was really nice to celebrate HER! I even hosted a party for 80 in my little 1290 sq foot home! {I am still thanking God for beautiful weather so we were able to spread the party out into the back yard.} Yes, I even gained a few extra holiday pounds. {Which reminds me, I have got to get busy getting those off.}

We are slowly falling back into a schedule. Though I find myself resisting. Schedules. Appointments. Responsibilities. Next week we add school back into the mix. And I am planning on blogging again.  I just know God has some wonderful things in store for us! I hope you'll join me!

All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 2Corinthians 5:18-19

No comments: