11.01.2013

{thankful heart}

November 1, 2013

I don't know what it is, exactly,
but I have been very moist-eyed lately.
Tears will appear at the slightest little thought.
Or commercial.
It's probably hormones.

I'd like to think that it's because I am
settling into this place.
The one where I am more confident
and clueless.
The one where I am exhausted
but fueled to give more.
The place where old friends used to be
and new ones are filling in.
I'm learning to stick up for myself
and that I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

I like it.
This place.
It's new, and scary, and exciting.
I find myself humbled and thankful.
And here begins another challenge.
You know exactly what I'm going to say.
It seems like November requires us to become aware of our blessings.
And honestly, I am very grateful every single day!
I just don't always write it down.
I speak it.
But words can vanish in to memory.
So this is where I etch the song of my heart into forever.

I am thankful for a Savior who died for someone, for me, for you, that was not worthy of the sacrifice. We don't deserve one drop of His blood. His love for us is so great that He suffered in the hopes that we would one day love Him back. I am grateful for so much more than my mind can even comprehend in the Love of Jesus Christ. 



"We love because he first loved us." 1John 4:19

"For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person- though perhaps for a good person one would dare even die- but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:6-8




No comments: