2.25.2011

What KIND am I?

February 25, 2011

I was reading one of the blogs that I follow today, and I came across a verse that gave me pause. "She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness." Proverbs 31:26 And I thought to myself, I may make every effort to not be unkind, but do I make every effort to always be kind? Sadly and ashamedly the answer is no. First of all, there are plenty of times that my efforts to not be unkind fail. But, even worse than that, I think, is that there are plenty of times that I feel the Holy Spirit leading me to ACTIVELY be kind and I resist. I hold back that compliment because I am trying to feel better about myself. I leave words of encouragement left unspoken out of selfishness. I hold back from doing something nice for someone else using the excuse that they wouldn't do the same for me. I totally get that I do it because I probably don't like myself very much and I am feebly trying to make me feel better about me. But, what am I accomplishing? Wouldn't it make more sense to BE a kinder person in order to feel better about myself? {Cue the light bulb!!!!!}

"Do not withhold good from those who deserve it when it's in your power to help them." Proverbs 3:27

The End.

3 comments:

Traci Michele said...

Thanks for the link love! You are a blessing. Keep letting God change you from the inside out. We are all works in progress and clay in His hands.

Love,
Traci @ Ordinary Inspirations

Paige said...

Thanks for following my poor neglected blog. I've enjoyed reading yours. I second what Tracie said. Keep letting the Lord change you from the inside out. You will be forever changed that way.

Dana Dawn Calverette said...

Paige- keep writing. I only followed you because I like your blog, too!