2.21.2011

What's For Dinner?

February 21, 2011

I am participating in a "Beth Moore study" from her book "So Long Insecurity". Well during church yesterday, our pastor said something that made the "light bulb"turn on.... He said, "Satan's native language is lying." "You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies." John 8:44 Hello. Is this thing on? Satan is a liar!

He is the reason we are INSECURE! He lies to us. He tells us that we are not as smart as "the other guy". He tells us we are not as pretty as "the other guy". He tells us that we are not as valuable as "the other guy". He tells us we cannot get it right! He tells us we are nothing more than a failure! He tells us we are destined to repeat our mistakes. He tells us we do not deserve good. WRONG! God sees each one of us in His truth. And in His truth we are lovable. So much so, that, well, you know- John 3:16! 

How do we stand against the constant whispering in our ear from ole Horns & Pitchfork himself? I'm not exactly sure, hence the Beth Moore study. I think the first step is to recognize that when we have "those" thoughts about ourselves, we have to remind ourselves that it is just the Angel of the bottomless pit who is trying to get us to join Him for dinner! Just say NO! Don't do it. It's a trap. YOU are what He's gonna chop up and serve on a plate! You're going to have to give yourself a pep talk. (I'm writing as though I am talking to you, but, I'm really trying to get it through to myself! It's hard. Beezlebub is good at what He does.)

I'm going to let you know what I find out as I go through this study about getting rid of my insecurities. But, if you'd like to join in yourself it's NOT too late! It's an online study and the book is discussed at Joli Women's Ministry on Monday's and Friday's. We're only on Chapter 4 this week, so it's still pretty easy to catch up to us. I hope to see you there!



"But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won your fight with these false prophets, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world. These people belong to this world, so they speak from the world's viewpoint, and the world listens to them. But we belong to God; that is why those who know God listen to us. If they do not belong to God, they do not listen to us. That is how we know if someone has the Spirit of truth or the spirit of deception." 1John 4:6. 

"I have called you back from the ends of the earth so you can serve me. For I have chosen you and will not throw you away. Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand." Isaiah 41:9-10 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't the book great? I love it.

So glad you decided to do the Bible study with us.

Dana Dawn Calverette said...

Yes! I am discovering so much! It turns out that what I thought was my main insecurity may actually not be. This is the first time that I actually do a Bible study and I am so glad to be a part of it!