3.23.2011

Lets Eat: Week 4

March 23, 2011

Watching My Weight "Wednesday"

Ah. Another week. Another recipe. I have discovered that this "diet" is not really very difficult. Once you learn the "tricks" of what you can eat to satisfy certain "cravings" you have, you realize that it is quite do-able! My latest discovery has been this....


Oh. Yeah. Ba-By! It may or may not cause a teensy weensy case of whatever the opposite of constipation is. But, WHO CARES? It's kinda yummy! And, looking at the website, I see that there may be more options out there for me to choose from.
Anyway, as promised, I have a new low-carb recipe for you today! I usually eat brunch instead of breakfast and lunch, because, frankly, who has the time for TWO meals? This is perfect! My kids always are lured into the kitchen when this is cooking and say, "What's that smell, Mom? It smells so good! Can I have some?"

Scrambled Brunch
  • 9 eggs
  • 4 links of breakfast sausage (I use turkey, and remove the casing)
  • 4 slices of turkey bacon (chopped into bits)
  • 4 slices of turkey ham (also chopped into bits)
  • 1 small onion (chopped)
  • mozzarella cheese (about 1/4 cup)
Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray. On high heat, throw in onion and sausage and bacon. Stirring occassionally to keep it from sticking. Once it's cooked through add your ham and eggs. Constantly stirring until cooked, remove from heat and add cheese. Serve and enjoy!

You can also add chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, and peppers. If I do, my kids won't touch it. But, oh, how yummy it would be!

"You say, 'Food is for the stomach, and the stomach is for food.' This is true, though someday God will do away with both of them."1Corinthians 6:13

"Those who think it is all right to eat anything must not look down on those who won't. And those who won't eat certain foods must not condemn those who do, for God has accepted them." Romans 14:3

No comments: