3.01.2011

Dieting. Again.

March 1, 2011

If I'm starting my second diet of the year already, does that mean that I've failed? Or does it mean that I'm doing really good on the journey of my year of "GROWTH"? Okay, so gaining physically was not what I had in mind when I said I wanted this year to be a year of continued growth. I actually want to shrink physically and grow in character and spirit. But, I'm sure you already guessed that. Plus, I may or may not have mentioned it in a previous blog. Anyway, the first diet I tried was simply worse than Chinese Water TORTURE counting calories. I was "allowed" 1200 calories per day. Okay, I could easily eat 1200 calories for breakfast! The first week I lost about 3-4 pounds! I was PUMPED. "This is not so bad." I told myself. But, at the end of the second week I found myself starving to death, barely able to muster up the energy to sit up very hungry and I lost a grand total of NOTHING! Immediately, I quit that diet. I need to eat people!

I am not into going through pain for nothing. It's not that I'm weak~ I've gone through labor and delivery four times without so much as a baby aspirin for pain. But, at the end of that experience, I was handed a warm, wet, pink, dirty, slippery, bundle of LOVE! They were each worth every ounce of suffering I went through, from conception to present day torment. But, not only am I not weak, I'm not crazy. I'm not gonna deprive myself to the point of distress in vain. It's just not gonna happen.

Which brings me to today. I've started a "new diet". Today is Day 2. I am having sugar/chocolate detox. It can get pretty ugly at times. My kids found me curled into the fetal position in a corner rocking back and forth mumbling something about me eating my foot if it were covered in chocolate. But, I'm okay right now. I'm going to Wal-Mart to see if I can find some low carb, sugar free chocolate candy. If not, someone might have to call 9-1-1! Oh, Lord, help me!

"The king assigned them a daily ration of the best food and wine from his own kitchens. They were to be trained for a three-year period, and then some of them would be made his advisers in the royal court." Daniel 1:5


"But Daniel made up his mind not to defile himself by eating the food and wine given to them by the king. He asked the chief official for permission to eat other things instead." Daniel 1:8


" 'Test us for ten days on a diet of vegetables and water, Daniel said.' 'At the end of the ten days, see how we look compared to the other young men who are eating the king's rich food. Then you can decide whether or not to let us continue eating our diet.' " Daniel 1:12-13


"At the end of the ten days, Daniel and his three friends looked healthier and better nourished than the young men who had been eating the food assigned by the king." Daniel 1:15

What does all of this mean when applied to me? I'm not sure. I know it doesn't mean that I will be eating only vegetable and water!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

HA!! great minds think alike! :)

Rodney said...

I Definitely need to do more dieting! lol!

Anyways, my wifes name is Annette (pastors wife)and she just opened her blog to public setting as she wants to be an encouragement and blessing to people (she is also hoping to do giveaways). I was trying to be an encouragement to her by asking if you would be willing to swing by and say hi as she does not know many people in the blog world? Thank you for considering. Her blog is

http://continuedwonder.blogspot.com/

Thank You,
Rodney(Annette's husband)