3.21.2011

Spring Forward

March 21, 2011

Spring. My second favorite season. It's welcomed after a cold winter of hoarding myself indoors. I love watching the brown, dreary landscape of winter's torture and neglect "spring" to life in shades of blue, yellow, and green! I love discovering bird's eggs hidden away. I love afternoons spent watching my kids digging in the dirt, riding the slide, their legs pumping a swing as high as it will go. The smell of a freshly mowed lawn. BBQ on the grill on Sunday afternoon. A carefree day of fishing. Teaching my kids to fly a kite and etching into my memory bank the look on their faces when they succeed. It's like morning after a good night's rest. Promise. Refreshment. Energy. Renewal.

"That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day." 2Corinthians 4:16


"Instead there must be a spiritual renewal of your thoughts and attitudes." Ephesians 4:23

BFF's Digging in the Dirt
Enjoying a Spring Breeze
Opportunities to Wear Flowery Sandals
The Leaves on the Trees Fill in with Greenery and Life

Enjoying the Warmth of the Sun on a Lazy Afternoon
The Feeling of Flying into the Sky on a Favorite Swing
Afternoons Spent Discovering
Learning About Growing a Garden From Generation to Generation

New Outfits
Cool Sunglasses

No comments: