3.15.2011

The Plot Thickens

March 15, 2011

After the whole fiasco of "The Case of the Ruined Walls" and me strategically complimenting my husband yesterday the bottom fell out! You see, there are some really intelligent creepy people out there in WWW land. They are using their powers for evil and self-gain at the expense of us poor schmucks.

I was in a home school session with Brant, searching the internet for printable geo boards. (I love Google Images, don't you?) Well, any way, I found one and clicked on it and BAM! A very official and scary looking message popped up that said something along the lines of ..... "STOP! You've just opened a virus you idiot! Run a virus scan NOW!" It gave me a window to click on and when I did, bom bom bom.... I downloaded a virus! I didn't know that is what I was doing. I panicked and thought I was using the Virus Protection that my Genuis Husband (No sarcasm meant. I really think he's a genius.) downloaded for me so these sorts of things would not happen! UGH! Well, at least I had the wherewithall to not put in my credit card number like it wanted me to in order to run the "Protection" because it claimed that mine had "Expired". Okay. Confession. I would might have put in my credit card number if I didn't have a Genius of a husband who is fully capable of fixing computer viruses. I called him and he said NO, I couldn't buy anything. He instructed me to turn off my computer and he'd fix it when he got home.

So, I almost had him convinced (at least in my own mind) to re-paint the kitchen this weekend, and now I've got something else for him to do that was not on "The List". {He is a very busy guy. He works a LOT! He does not get a lot of time off and when he does, there is no resting. Usually. So, I try my best not to add things to his Honey Do list unless they are super important. And I'm not so sure how important it is to him to paint the kitchen this weekend. But, maybe if we get this whole nasty virus out of the way today, it will be just long enough for him to forget about it and whip out the old paint brush on Saturday. I'll be praying really hard!}

It seems as though when one thing goes "wrong", something else is bound to hop out of line and join in the madness. It can never be simple. But, you know what? I can always praise God that it's not worse. I choose to live with the attitude of "it could have been worse, and I am so blessed!" There is no point in letting setbacks get you down to the point of defeat. Greater is He who is in me! And you know what... it COULD always be worse! I don't really have any patience for those who wallow in self pity. I want to scream- "Open your eyes, fool! Don't you see everyone around you? Look how others are having to fight just to stay alive, or fed, or sober, or safe....etc!" I choose to be grateful. And sometimes it is harder to choose Grace than others. Especially when you feel helpless. But, the glass IS half full! You can't ever take your eyes off of that.

They say hind sight is 20/20. I think that often times, we don't see the POINT in what we are going through while we are in the midst of it. I don't know why God allows certain things to happen. But, He always knows. A long time ago, during my struggle with infertility, I gave up trying to figure out the why's in my life. It was beginning to consume me and quite frankly, I needed to muster up everything there was inside of me to push through and there was no room for second guessing. If I say that I trust God, then I had better TRUST God! And, once all is said and done, we realize something that we couldn't before. We see a clear picture of how our lives are better because we trusted God to work things out in His timing and His direction. We are all going to go through trials. It's how we handle the fire that matters.

" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.' " Jeremiah 29:11

"Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desires." Psalm 37:3-4

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: