9.13.2010

Back to Being Me \o/

September 13, 2010


So begins a new week. I am looking forward to getting back to "normal". Whatever that may be.  Last week, I spent 28 straight hours at the hospital with my paternal grandmother, and then another 3 or 4 when my maternal grandmother also had surgery 3 days later. I had to leave my kids all that time and I was so lonesome for them! 


Freddie gave me such a sweet compliment. He said, "You are like our hub. When the hub is not there, nothing flows properly."  I know that people can step in and fill in the gaps for me. Life goes on, with or without me. But, it's really nice to know that people notice when you're not around to do what you do, and they miss you.


It made me feel really good to help with my grandmother when she had surgery. It's nice to know that you have something to offer that is valuable to others. I probably got as much out of it being on the giving end as she did being on the receiving end.  As important as I felt, it was nice to finally get back home to my family. I thrive when there is routine, and so do my kids. It's nice to know what to expect. Sure, we have the occasional unplanned trip to the doctor or grocery store. Then there are football games and dance classes. But, that just keeps us from going crazy.  


I posted a short while back about how I wondered how long it would take me being gone before my kids missed me. I'm not sure that they ached for me like I did for them, but, they missed me when I was gone for those two days. They did enjoy being with their grandmothers, who took care of them in my absence. But, when I got home they all ran up to me for hugs. Yay! Aubree, however, ached for me. She called me at the hospital to tell me that I needed to come home because she needed her best friend.  I told her that she needed to go to sleep and after she woke up I would come home.  Freddie said as soon as she opened her eyes in the morning she asked, "Where's Mommy?"


I love my little life. I am one blessed woman. I have people that I can count on when I need help, and the most beautiful family that loves me. I am grateful to God for all the big things and in the small things, too. I am can appreciate that I woke up this morning, that summer is almost over, that my family actually missed me when I was away, that we are healthy, that we are happy, that school went extremely well today, that my husband has a job, that my grandmother's are both doing very well, that I was born during a time that we have all these modern conveniences, that I can choose where to worship God, that I can raise my children with the beliefs that I hold dear to my heart.  I could go on and on and on. And, I think I might. I will keep a thankful heart all day today. I will be mindful to praise God throughout my day. (We have a doctor's appointment and a trip to Wal-Mart on the agenda for this afternoon, so I think this could get difficult. But, I will praise Him, nonetheless.) Who knows, maybe, if I do a good enough job, my thankful spirit will rub off on someone else who desperately needs to feel thankfulness!


"Great is the Lord! He is most worthy of praise! His greatness is beyond discovery!" Psalm 145:3


"Let everything that lives sing praises to the Lord!" Psalm 150:6


"O Lord, you alone can heal me; you alone can save. My praises are for you alone!" Jeremiah 17:14

No comments: