9.17.2010

A Mother's Brag

September 17, 2010


I am so proud of Drake. He is doing so well in football. By doing well, I mean, not quiting, or whining, or giving in to laziness. He is doing what is asked of him to the best of his ability without complaint. This is the same kid who declared that he "was dying" on the walk from Cafe du Monde to the Riverwalk in New Orleans 5 months ago. He begged us to carry him. He "just couldn't go one step more".


Drake is probably not the best football player on the team. But, he wants it so badly that he is willing to work harder than he ever has before. I am sure that he learning a lot about himself throughout this experience. I hope he can see that he can do anything if he puts his mind to it.


It is really wonderful to see my child participate in a group activity that he is so passionate about. It thrills me to see him digging deep inside to find what is required of him and putting it all out there for the team. I am one proud Momma!


Karli has also begun her 8th year of dancing. She is growing into a really beautiful dancer. She also works very hard.The classes are challenging and she always faces it head on, pushing herself to constantly grow. I am proud of her commitment. I don't have to worry about her. I know that in life she will do just fine! She is such a level headed girl with so much maturity that it amazes me. She makes me beam!


I love my kids! They complete me. Thank you, Lord, for sharing them with me.


"Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him." Psalm 127:3

No comments: