9.11.2010

A Tribute

September 11, 2010


Do you remember where you were 9 years ago today? I was up early, as usual, with my 2 year old and 5 month old. I called my pastor's wife on the phone, like I usually did, and she told me that a plane had flown into one of the twin towers. At first, I thought it was a terrible accident, but, as I watched on television, I saw the second plane fly into the Trade Center, I knew it was no accident. I was shocked. I was afraid. I prayed. I knew that I had just watched history take place.


There were many thoughts flooding my mind, like everyone else's. I had no idea what this meant for us as a country. If we could be attacked on our own soil, would we have to fight for our lives? Would our lives change from the "normal" day to day to "survival" day to day? I thought about how this would impact the lives of my very little children.


Today, I say a prayer for those who lost their lives. I pray for wives, whose husbands will never return, for husbands who lost their wives, for sons and daughters and mothers and fathers and brothers and sisters. I think of the people on the United flight, who surely must have known their death was upon them. I feel saddened at their fear, but, grateful for their courage. The lives of so many have been terribly altered. Forever. I pray for the men and women who stepped up and signed up for military service. Who gave their time, and their lives to defend this great country. I pray for their families who worried at home day in and day out. And I am grateful for the sacrifices made.


Please, take a few moments today to remember that day, and pray as your heart is led. Let's not forget what happened. "All gave some. Some gave all."












No comments: