9.26.2010

Special Sunday Edition

September 26, 2010

I don't usually write a blog on Sunday unless it is a special occasion. The truth is, I am feeling guilty for not writing on Thursday and Friday. I was SO busy with school and dancing and football on Thursday that there just was nothing left of me at the end of the day. Friday, I took advantage of not having school or dancing or football and cleaned my pitifully neglected house and then I got in the boys' closet! Fall is just around the corner and it's time to see what we have and what we need. When you've got four kids to clothe each season you have to be prepared and have a strategy. Anyway, I was toast by the time I was done. 

We had a really nice weekend. Drake had a football game on Saturday. It is so exciting to see your child on the field doing something he loves to do! I am a very proud Momma! 

We also went to another new church today. I am really excited because I think that I have finally found a church where my whole family can be excited! It is a beautiful church that has obviously put a lot of thought into the needs of a family. There are classes and activities for every age group. The music is good and the preaching is better. 

For so long, I just did not go to church anywhere. But, I began to feel a longing to warm a pew somewhere, but not just anywhere. I do not want to sit in church for the sake of sitting in church. I am at a point in my life right now where I want to be fed and I want my kids to be fed.

I have had such a desire to learn as much as I can about the bible lately. I want to know what I know. I don't want to know what everyone tells me. I want to be able to have a conversation with someone about God and know what I am talking about. I want to live for God. I want to know what He expects of me and what He desires for me. I don't want to settle for being comfortable to be a good person. I want to be a good Christian. I want to be where God is. And, yes, you can and should talk {pray} to God anywhere and everywhere, but, when you meet Him in a church it is a very powerful and fulfilling experience.

"May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." 2Corinthians 13:13

No comments: