I LOVE my church! I don't think there has ever been a time in my life when I have been able to utter those words. I have been through the whole spectrum~
- going because my parent(s) made me go,
- going because my parent(s) made me feel guilty if I didn't go,
- not going because I didn't care if my parent(s) made me feel guilty anymore,
- going back because I was an adult now and I have kid(s) and that's what you're supposed to do,
- not going because "the" church didn't have a nursery for the kids(s) and I didn't get anything out of the service and so why go if you only leave feeling worse than when you went in?,
- going in search of and diligently SEEKING out a church with the truest of intentions,
- Going because I LOVE it!
- Going because I am finally being FED.
- Going because I WANT to go.
- Going because I NEED to go.
- Going because I am GROWING!
Right now, I sit in service soaking it all in. I sit in service being a
Another thing that I love about my church is that when I "fetch" my children from their "classrooms" they are bubbling over with eagerness to tell me everything that happened. (Well, with the exception of one "tweenager" who is too cool to gush over anything.) They are super excited to reach an age where they will be able to become more active participants in their children's groups. It touches my soul to hear how they let me know in all earnest that they have invited Jesus into their hearts.
It is wonderful to be in a place where each person's needs are carefully considered and met. I count myself blessed to be exactly where I am~ for me AND my family! (Maybe I'm not completely selfish.)
"You must crave pure spiritual milk so that you can grow into the fullness of your salvation. Cry out for this nourishment as a baby cries for milk, now that you have had a taste of the Lord's kindness." 1Peter 2:2-3
"May God bless you with his special favor and wonderful peace as you come to know Jesus, our God and Lord, better and better." 2Peter 1:2
"So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the message God has planted in your hearts, for it is strong enough to save your souls. And remember, it is a message to obey, not just to listen to. If you don't obey, you are only fooling yourself. For if you just listen and don't obey, it is like looking at your face in a mirror but doing nothing to improve your appearance. You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. But if you keep looking steadily into God's perfect law- the law that sets you free- and if you do what it says and don't forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it." James 1:21-25