1.24.2011

Shine

January 24, 2011

"In everything you do, stay away from complaining and arguing, so that no one can speak a word of blame against you. You are to live clean, innocent lives as children of God in a dark world full of crooked and perverse people. Let your lives shine brightly before them." Philippians 2:14-15 (NLT)

It also reads: "Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, "children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation." Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky." (NIV)

How does this verse speak to you?

To me, it says that I am to be different from those who do not know what God's grace looks like. It says that I am to hold myself to a higher standard than before. It says to me that I should choose to be the optimist~ always looking for and believing there is good in every situation. It says that when people see me, they should see something unique, something special, something that makes them curious. It tells me that I am a living witness for God's love!

Yes, I fail at times to be what God has asked of me. But, I've been forgiven. And I will keep trying!

Will you shine with me?

No comments: