1.27.2011

The Good Guy Always Wins

January 27, 2011

Recently, I signed up for Netflix. I {heart} Netflix. It's really neat how you can just choose from almost limitless possibilities of something to watch at any given time. Joy. It makes me smile. I don't watch a whole lot of TV. But I do like to watch some things. And it's nice to be able to choose what I'm we're interested in rather than to be a slave to the "programming" that's available at the time.

We live in the country. We have this slight, teeny, weeny, itsy, bitsy, little problem. We live just outside of the area where DSL is available. That means that our internet options are, well, limited to say the least. At least ones that fall into our teeny, weeny budget. We have "high speed" broadband. Which is a fancy way of saying it's wireless internet that's a frog's hair faster than dial-up and we don't have to pay an arm and a leg for it.

Let's get back to Netflix. I am going to show you the connection here. While you are streaming a movie via the Wii, it will randomly PAUSE to "Retrieve" more of the movie. You know- it needs to "catch up". (If you don't know what I am talking about, then just take a minute right now to say a prayer of thanksgiving to God and count your blessings.) It will do this, oh, about , 4 times or so during a movie, depending on the internet traffic at the time. So, we were watching a movie yesterday. It was a good movie. And, there was a car chase. There was a car accident. The "bad guy's" car flipped. The "good guy" (who was riding in the car with the "good girl" who is actually the one the "bad guy" was after) gets out of the car and draws his pistol and walks around to the "bad guy's" car after he tells the girl to stay put. Then, it happened. We got a pause~  "RETRIEVING". It usually takes 3-5 minutes before the movie will resume. So, during that time, Brant said to me, "Oh, it's going to be funny. The good guy and the bad guy are going to keep going around and around the car chasing each other. Then the good guy will get the bad guy." So I asked him, "How do you know that? Have you seen this movie before?" He said, "No. The good guy always wins."

So, ladies and gentlemen. There you have it! Truer words have never been spoken! The Good Guy {Jesus} always wins~ the bad guy {Satan} does not! The end.

"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world." John 16:33

No comments: