1.07.2011

What Do You Find at the Bottom of Your Well?


I am so proud of this kid! When I picked her up from dance class yesterday she put this sign in the van! I was "woo-hoo'ing" and she was M.O.R.T.I.F.I.E.D. She doesn't like me to make a big deal over such things. I was ready to have a parade in her honor!!!! She didn't want me to even put the sign up in the yard. (Too bad.) Karli is usually very even keeled. She's a "go with the flow" kind of girl. Like her daddy, she can easily adapt to most situations. She doesn't like to be the center of attention. She tends to be very quiet in "public" situations, especially in dance class. I feel bad for her because she knows absolutely NO ONE in her dance class. She dances at a studio that is in another parish a few towns away. We chose this school because we feel as though it offers a better dance education and experience. She loves it. We just wish that she could love it with her friends (who dance locally at a school that does not offer what Karli's studio does.) Anyway. Karli works VERY hard at dancing. She was blessed with her mother's grace and natural sense of rhythm (insert sarcasm). Poor girl. But, she is a wonderful dancer, not because it comes naturally, but,  because she puts her heart into it! And, I guess I am not the only one to notice her efforts. Way to go, Karli!

As Christians, things are not always going to be easy or ideal for us. We are not always going to be surrounded by our friends. There will be many times in our lives that we will feel alone in a world of strangers. We will have to rely on what we find deep in ourselves to get us through and push us forward. We are going to have to go out alone and "get it done" without a "cheering section" for support and encouragement. Those are the times when we will find out exactly what we are made of. That is when we are going to prove to ourselves, God, and everybody just what we can do! And those are the times that will bring us the most confidence and sense of satisfaction. Those moments will prove that we CAN do anything that we put our minds and our hearts into. When we have to go out by ourselves, out of our "comfort zone", away from the familiar life we know, without the loving, unconditional acceptance and reassurance of our family and friends to urge us on, is exactly when we will discover where we draw our strength from! What's at the bottom of your well?

"For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need." Philippians 4:13


"Each time he said, 'My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me." 2Corinthians 12:9

No comments: