1.06.2011

Who Wants a Cat?

January 6, 2011

Last night, Freddie and I were snuggling in bed just having a rare conversation. (Adult conversation is one of the things you sacrifice when you have 4 kids.) Anyway, Aubree MUST have a sensor device built in that goes off anytime her Daddy and I are closer than 3 feet apart and alone because, as predictable as ever, here she comes rushing in right between us. There was some small talk, and Freddie said something like, "You're my baby girl." To which Aubree replied, "I not a baby, I big like you." And then Freddie said, "But you're MY baby." Then Aubree informed  him, "I like Momma." So, Freddie said, "You want me to go get another little girl to be my baby?" And she looked at him like only she can and said, "Just get a cat, Dad!"

You know, you cannot replace someone who is important to you with anything else. There is no use in trying. Nor can you replace Jesus in your life with anything else. You just as soon get a cat instead!

"Jesus told him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.'" John 14:6


"Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who parts from me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned. But if you stay joined to me and my words remain in you, you may ask any request you like, and it will be granted!" John15:5-7


"A single day in your courts is better than a thousand anywhere else! I would rather be a gatekeeper in the house of my God than live the good life in the homes of the wicked." Psalm 84:10

No comments: