10.04.2010

We All Have Choices

October 4, 2010


I found myself sitting down at my computer singing as loud as I can along with the music that plays when you arrive on my blog~ filled with thankfulness and praise. And I think to myself.... "if people saw me right now what would they think?" I quickly realized that it doesn't matter what people think of me. I do not want to spend my eternity in hell because I was worried about people thinking that I'm weird- I want to spend my eternity in heaven. You know, if you hold back from God because you're worried about what everyone thinks of you, you just might find yourself paying for that in a torment of eternal fire.


The thing is, I realize that Jesus died on the cross for ME. He was sinless. He did no wrong. He was PERFECT! He deserved heaven. But, He knew that one day, I would be born. He knew that I would sin and do wrong, over and over. He knew I would be imperfect and would not deserve to spend eternity in heaven. He loved me so much, that He paid the price for my sin. He did not just die. It's one thing to die for someone else- but He suffered! Once I became aware of His love and mercy, I wanted to live for Him because He died for me. I am not trying to be a "religious freak" pretending to be better than everyone else. Lord knows I am not. I am still flawed. I still sin. I am not perfect. I don't always do a good job~ but, I try my best to live my life the way that God wants me to. It is hard enough to do with the whole "being human" thing, but, if I have to worry about being "cool" too~ well, let's just say I'm doomed.


So, I choose God. The way I see it, I am going to do my best to get through this temporary life. I have to keep my eyes on the "prize".  My heart has been changed and I have different desires than I had before. I am going to follow my heart. I am going to listen to the voice of God. I am going to praise Him. I am going to embrace the feeling I have when He fills me with His spirit. That feeling is what fuels me. It is just what I need to keep going down this road which is sometimes very hard and lonely.


What about you? What do you choose? Do you choose to blend in so as not to appear "weird" to the rest of the world? Or do you choose to follow your heart straight into the arms of God?




(Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the // pause button on "Songs That I Love..." then come back here and press the > play button.)



Soul:  the individual's essential self, life, or being


"If anyone acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will openly acknowledge that person before my Father in heaven. But if anyone denies me here on earth, I will deny that person before my Father in heaven." Matthew 10:32-33


"If you try to keep your life for yourself, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for me, you will find true life. And how do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul in the process? Is anything worth more than your soul?" Matthew 16:25-26

No comments: