10.07.2010

Who's to Blame?

October 7, 2010

I had been doing such a good job of keeping my cool and not yelling at, barking at,  bullying my kids in an attempt at getting obedience. Today, I blew it. I raised my voice at one some of them once more than once. I am so disappointed in myself. I just don't know what got into me today. I am short and I don't understand why. (No people, it's NOT because I am only 5'3".) It's not my kids' fault at all!  I am going to take the blame on this one.

Okay, so here goes my lame attempt at trying to figure out making excuses for why I am so cross today. I think it's because I fight the daily fight, just like all you mother's out there, to try to stay on top of the LONG list of things that need to get done in a day. I have been battling the laundry baskets all week. They keep filling up on me behind my back. I hadn't mopped in so long that I had all but invited the rodents to dine on my floors, so I finally decided to mop. (Okay- I do sweep every day.) In an effort to keep it looking like I just mopped I literally have not stopped mopping since yesterday. The mop is still standing in my kitchen ready for service. I have four kids. Do we really need to talk about dishes? I have two boys. Do we really need to talk about toilets? Anyway~ I guess that I am just struggling to keep up with the housework AND schoolwork AND extracurricular activities that take me outside of the house. That, and maybe I cannot seem to fall asleep before midnight. I gotta stop taking it out on my sweet, innocent little babies, who, by the way, NEVER make messes, ignore me, scream at each other or behave rudely. ;~)

"It is better to be patient than powerful; it is better to have self-control than to conquer a city." Proverbs 16:32

No comments: