10.03.2010

Our God is Greater!

October 3, 2010


Isn't it ironic how the devil attacks you where you are the weakest? We all have an area of our lives where we struggle. For some of us it is in our work, others can be in our relationship with our significant other, and for others still it is our relationship with our children. It makes no difference, wherever Satan sees a crack, he will make it his business to pick at it and pick at it until he does even more damage in his relentless efforts to destroy us. But, we do not have to concede in defeat. We can stand on the word of God and claim victory over anything the evil one can throw at us. 


I am not saying, in any terms, that it is easy to fight the devil. I have my own battle that I fight daily that takes a toll on me. I often have doubts that creep into my mind and tell me that I am failing, that I am not doing a good job, that I am going to lose what I hold most precious, that others will suffer because of my shortcomings. And sometimes, I start to believe these lies, even when I know better. Despite the fact that I am making conscious efforts to do better, be better, give better, I still get vulnerable and afraid. 


I cannot win by my own strength and abilities. I rely on encouragement, reassurance, and advice from my friends and family, and most importantly, I rely on God to give me wisdom, strength, comfort, and peace. I have to constantly be mindful to NOT let myself fall victim to those doubts and fears that keep playing in my mind over and over again. I have to learn to trust myself. I have to believe that I am being led by God to do the right thing. I have to learn to constantly seek His will.


So, let us remember that we should always be there for our friends when they struggle. Always step up to offer help and encouragement. Remember to lean on our friends when we are weak. And always, seek God! He is the ultimate friend. He has promised to never leave us. He is our strength and our refuge. 


"He will protect his godly ones, but the wicked will perish in darkness. No one will succeed by strength alone." 1Samuel 2:9


"God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble." Psalms 46:1


"For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need." Philippians 4:13


"If your gift is to encourage others, do it! If you have money, share it generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly." Romans 12:8


"I cried out to the Lord in my suffering, and he heard me. He set me free from all my fears." Psalm 34:6

(Please, scroll down to "Songs That I Love..." and click the // pause button, then come back here and click play on this video!)

No comments: