7.26.2010

Bring on the Rain

July 26, 2010

It's raining. It's a good kind of rain- not too hard, but enough to make a difference in whatever it touches. I can hear the thunder gently rumbling in the distance. It's not threatening or angry, but gentle and comforting~ kind of like the purring of a cat. Nothing about this rain is rude or bullying. The plants are drinking it in and I can almost see them smiling! The air is cooled and still. It feels generous and calming, all the while I know that it is bigger and more powerful than I am .

We all need rain in our lives. Our Father can rain on us whenever we ask Him to and cleanse our spirit and make us new. He sent His Son as a gift of cleansing rain for each one of us, because we are all dirty and thirsty. We all need the life-giving showers from our Heavenly Father. He will sprinkle us with His grace and mercy, renewing our spirit, washing our sins away.

"Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin." Psalm 51:2

"There was a time when some of you were just like that, but now your sins have been washed away, and you have been set apart for God because of what the Lord Jesus Christ and the Spirit of our God have done for you." 1Corinthians 6:11

"He saved us, not because of the good things we did, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins and gave us a new life through the Holy Spirit." Titus 3:5

No comments: