7.13.2010

Our Second Chance

July 13, 2010

I can tell you that when I think of the possibility of my child being ridiculed and teased relentlessly and being treated less than humanely, it just simply BREAKS my heart! It makes me wonder that if I knew that my child was being born to live a life filled with indescribable and unbearable torture and suffering beyond human comprehension, would I have him at all? To add to that, I cannot imagine watching my child suffer physical pain and not intervening. Could you stand by and watch as your child was brutally and mortally beaten? Would you just watch as your child carried a physically heavy load, all the while bleeding, suffering humiliation, struggling, and not step in and take his place? Would you watch as the life literally drained out of your child as he hung on a cross by nails that were hammered into his wrists and feet? How painful would it be to endure this savage suffering of your child? But, God allowed this to happen to His Son, Jesus. He knew what was going to happen before He sent Jesus to earth. He did it to save us all from a certain eternal death in hell. None of us deserved it. But you know what? God loves us more than we can even begin to wrap our minds around. He allowed it to happen to give us a second chance. Jesus was born, lived, suffered and died to offer us the gift of salvation, and eternity in Heaven, with Him. You just have to accept the gift.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

"Jesus shouted to the crowds, 'If you trust me, you are really trusting God who sent me. For when you see me, you are seeing the one who sent me. I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in me will no longer remain in the darkness. If anyone hears me and doesn't obey me, I am not his judge- for I have come to save the world and not to judge it. But all who reject me and my message will be judged at the day of judgment by the truth I have spoken. I don't speak on my own authority. The Father who sent me gave me his own instructions as to what to say. And I know his instructions lead to eternal life; so I say whatever the Father tells me to say!" John 12:44-50

No comments: