8.13.2010

Get Blessed

August 13, 2010

Normally, I sit down to write a blog with not much in mind. Sometimes, I type out a few sentences, and then realize that it's not intended to be a blog "today" and I delete it and start over. Usually, I have one sentence and the rest of my blog flows from there. Almost always, the title is the last thing to be added. No matter what, though, I can always find bible scriptures to back up what I've written about.

The lesson here is that no matter what you are facing in your life~ good or bad~ you can always turn to the bible for encouragement, assurance, and guidance. God made sure to provide us with a complete manual for "life". We just need to open the book and search for the answers. They are all in there.

This blog has definitely blessed me in many ways, but, I think the most special and surprising way has been how much I have enjoyed opening my bible every day to seek out what God has to say about a certain topic. I am learning so much more than I ever thought I would. It amazes me that when you read the bible with the right heart, the words have a clarity and meaning that they may not have had before. I have tried to "Read the Bible in a Year" before, and I must admit I have never been successful. But, now that I am reading it with a purpose~ searching for specific insights~ it is fun, enlightening, satisfying, and meaningful.

Next time you are faced with an "event" in your life, open up your bible and search its pages to find out what God has to say about it. You will be blessed~ I promise!

"If you need wisdom- if you want to know what God wants you to do- ask him, and he will gladly tell you. He will not resent your asking." James 1:5

"In him lie hidden treasures of wisdom and knowledge." Colossians 2:3


No comments: