8.04.2010

Look with your "special" eyes!

August 4, 2010

Do you remember getting your first pair of glasses? I do. It was absolutely amazing. I remember my first thought was, "Wow, the trees actually have individual leaves!" After seeing in a blur for so long, it was like the world was all new to me. It's beauty suddenly unfolded before my (special) eyes. And you know, when I take my glasses off, for however long, I can put them back on and experience the same thing over and over again! Without my glasses, everything is dull and it all sort of meshes together, but with them on the world comes alive.

That's kind of how it is when you become a Christian. You come alive! You learn to see everyone individually as God's child. You are enlightened to a totally new world of God's beautiful creation. You see through a different set of eyes; you now see through "special" eyes. You no longer walk around in a hum-drum blur, but rather, you can now see the leaves on the trees, not as a collective being, but as singular objects that have come together for a sole purpose. Each one is special, unique, and beautiful in it's own right. You start to see a whole new scene unfold, a whole new life, a new world. It holds such hope and promise that you cannot contain. It leaves you with a giddy excitement, anxious to search for more hidden treasures that you once were blind to. You want it to consume you like a fire, as you search for something beautiful!


"Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your law." Psalm 119:18

"Ears to hear and eyes to see- both are gifts from the Lord." Proverbs 20:12

"Your eye is a lamp for your body. A pure eye lets sunshine into your soul. But an evil eye shuts out the light and plunges you into darkness. If the light you think you have is really darkness, how deep that darkness will be!" Matthew 6:22-23

"But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear. I assure you, many prophets have longed to see and hear what you have seen and heard, but they could not." Matthew 13:16-17


No comments: