8.06.2010

What I Saw in the Rear View Mirror


August 6, 2010

Shopping. It's my favorite thing to do. Today, my mom, the kids, and I went shopping together. We had a really good day. I can remember, not too long ago, when shopping with all the kids was NOT fun in any way, shape, or form! It was miserable! It's still not always good, but, it is definitely an improvement from years past. As we were driving home, I glanced in the rear view mirror and had a sudden realization that my kids are growing up. They are not toddlers in the "terrible two's" anymore. They are big kids who are learning how to behave in public. They are learning patience, tolerance, and respect!

Today, I noticed just how much Drake is really starting to mature. I am proud of him beyond words. I'm certainly not trying to speed up the clock, but, I am curious to see what kind of man he's gonna be when he's all grown up. Of course, I have my suspicions, and hopes.

I suspect that he is not going to be reckless and wild, like some people I know were when they were younger. (You know who you are. LOL) I see him more laid back and less daring than that. I also don't see him as being a super Casanova. Not that he doesn't have the looks or isn't suave enough, I just think he's going to be more of a "relationship" type of guy~ (quality vs. quantity). I have no idea where he is going in terms of career choice because the options for him are wide and vast~ he really is smart enough to pursue any avenue he desires and his imagination could lead him to incredible options. I definitely could see him as some sort of scientist and/or inventor.

I hope he remembers everything he's learning about God. I hope as he continues to grow, he has a heart that truly wants to learn more about God and live in a way that is pleasing to Him. I hope he never moves too far away from me and his dad. I hope he lives a life that can be admired. I hope he marries well and has many, many children (who love to shop as much as me)!


"I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed" Psalm 37:25-26

"Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me." Psalm 139:7-10

"A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps" Proverbs 16:9

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths" Proverbs 3:5-6

“I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye” Psalm 32:8




No comments: